Frequently Asked Questions
AlertFind – formerly MessageOne – is an industry-leading crisis communications solution.
These frequently asked questions address common questions around our capabilities.
What methods of notification are available with AlertFind?
With Aurea Messaging Solutions (AMS) AlertFind, you can send notifications by email, voice call, text message, pager, and fax.
How do you send a notification?
There are four ways to send notifications with AlertFind:
- Web browser — Authorized personnel log on and complete an easy-to-use form specifying the recipients and message. You can send notifications to predefined user groups or escalation groups, or broadcast the message to your entire user database.
- 24×7 support — Authorized personnel call a dedicated AlertFind notification line to dictate the message and specify recipients. AlertFind then sends the notification.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) lines — You can create predefined templates for notifications with quick launch codes and distribution lists. Once your authorized personnel call the IVR line and enter the launch code, AlertFind sends the notification.
- Application Programming Interface (API) — Automated notifications can be integrated with other enterprise applications. For example, a call to a help desk automatically triggers a service order to repair personnel.
What can I do with the API?
You can integrate AlertFind with other software systems to trigger automated notifications. The API also enables integration with directory and other enterprise software solutions to maintain current user contact information.
How do you confirm that contacts have received a message?
AlertFind offers unlimited two-way polling; secure PIN message delivery; acknowledgement via voice, web or email; automatic conference call bridging; and easily conducted virtual “roll calls.”
How are notifications escalated?
AlertFind enables you to easily specify device-to-device escalation rules and user-to-user escalations.
How many users can I reach?
AlertFind can reach more than 100,000 users in a single communication – anytime and virtually anywhere.
What security access measures are in place?
You can specify which personnel have the ability to initiate notifications, and specify whom they can contact. You can also control who can access sensitive personnel data.
How are contacts grouped?
You can control user access to data and functionality by creating teams of users based on business unit, department, response team, geographic location, and role.
Can you survey contacts?
Two-way polling is available. AlertFind can even poll users directly to prompt them to update their contact information.
How do you ensure contact information is accurate?
AlertFind can be automated for data synchronization with email, human resources systems, corporate directories and databases to ensure contact information is always accurate.
How does AlertFind ensure that systems don’t crash during large-scale communications?
AlertFind is hosted through Amazon Web Services (AWS), which provides secure, highly available capabilities with global reach.
What reports and audits are available?
AlertFind features a real-time audit trail with a detailed transactional log and reporting on both pending and sent notifications. Reports offer simple summaries and detailed descriptions of the notification process on a per user or per device basis.
What Web browsers are supported?
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 6 and higher)
- Mozilla Firefox (version 184.108.40.206 and higher; QuickTime must be installed to listen to voice recordings used for message delivery on your PC)
- Apple Safari (version 2.0 and higher on Mac™ computers only)
- Google Chrome (version 55 and higher)
How secure is my data?
Aurea Messaging Solutions (AMS) is committed to providing the highest level of security for all data handled through AlertFind and other AMS solutions. To secure our network environment and associated assets, we use a number of industry-standard security solutions that include:
- Virus detection
- Mail attachment scanning
- System and application patch compliance
- Intrusion prevention and detection systems
AMS also has administrative controls in place for AlertFind services that involve policy and procedures, such as security policies and testing.
Get the latest emergency preparedness and IT alerting news, tips and best practices.